Monday, May 14, 2007

Why Congressman Paul always vote to defend out Constitution!


Margie, an AFTF and Ron Paul supporter wrote:

"Many of you may have heard this before. I heard it years ago, but as I came across it just now, I think this is the best way to explain why Congressman Paul always supports and defends the Constitution! It is lengthy, but well worth the read."

Davy Crockett vs. Welfare

From The Life of Colonel David Crockett,
by Edward S. Ellis (Philadelphia: Porter & Coates, 1884)

Crockett was then the lion of Washington. I was a great admirer of his character, and, having several friends who were intimate with him, I found no difficulty in making his acquaintance. I was fascinated with him, and he seemed to take a fancy to me.

I was one day in the lobby of the House of Representatives when a bill was taken up appropriating money for the benefit of a widow of a distinguished naval officer. Several beautiful speeches had been made in its support – rather, as I thought, because it afforded the speakers a fine opportunity for display than from the necessity of convincing anybody, for it seemed to me that everybody favored it. The Speaker was just about to put the question when Crockett arose. Everybody expected, of course, that he was going to make one of his characteristic speeches in support of the bill. He commenced:

Click here to read on....

No comments: