Friday, July 18, 2008

BLACK MONDAY 2008: Foreclosure Apocalypse?

Dude, that's not the finger I'm feeling like giving here…

Okay. "Black Monday" already happened, in the 80's and then also back in the 20's according to some slang-artists, but one of the attorneys I work with gave this last Monday (July 14 2008) the name, and it seems to have stuck. You could also call it "Screw Everybody We're Foreclosing On You All" Monday, if you're so inclined.

Here's what happened, and pardon me if I sound a little frantic, but I feel a bit like Cassandra here; I'm freaking out about this but by and large, most people don't seem to realize it happened. Most people only know one or two people involved in mortgage negotiations, so they didn't see the coordinated collapse that I saw.

In a nutshell, what happened is that Monday morning, all the major mortgage banks in the U.S. issued some kind of order or decree, that they would cease conducting any kind of workouts or negotiations with borrowers, and instead foreclose on every home they could.

digg story

Read more here.

No comments: