In the past few weeks, there has been a great deal of discussion regarding vote fraud - especially from the Ron Paul camp. I personally believe that there is a high probability that the voting machines are cheating voters out of a fair election.
In order to keep a closer eye on the situation, I signed up as a Poll Manager.
I learned that ANYONE can refuse to use the electronic voting machines, and that they will be allowed to vote using a paper ballot.
The idea occurred to me that it would be a good idea to use the "Ron Paul Network" to get this information out quickly.
I imagined a few interesting things that might happen.
- Every voter who votes for Ron Paul should INSIST on a paper ballot.
- Those votes would NOT be tallied by the close of the polls and would therefore come in many hours after the polls have closed.
- This simple tactic would not only get a great deal of local publicity, it would also get national attention. As the word spreads, the public could nullify the "Diebold factor" without waiting until the next election cycle.
- This would also assure that there was a clear paper trail that could tracked. It would be very unlikely that they would lose the evidence. In a recount situation it would be harder to falsify fraudulent voting as well.
- This is a simple, cost free solution to the vote fraud concern.
- By the next voting cycle, If the media reports on this, voters for all candidates might adopt this idea and derail the attempt for unscrupulous individuals to steal our elections by tampering with the Diebold machines.
So it's simple, If you want your vote to count, avoid the electronic machines and ask for a paper ballot.