by Glen Allport
Our Constitution, our history, and international law all suggest that our response to the 9/11 attacks has been wrong and, once again, outright criminal – even aside from our systematic violations of the Geneva Conventions regarding torture. Furthermore, there exists a remedy that would have likely succeeded at capturing, killing, or otherwise neutralizing our enemies without causing all the needless death, destruction, and other negative effects of our "Preemptive War" approach.
That remedy, listed by name in Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution, is the use of letters of marque and reprisal. Congressman (and now presidential candidate) Ron Paul introduced the Marque and Reprisal Act of 2001 to deal with the problem of the 9/11 attacks by specifically targeting only the people responsible, rather than going to war with nations that had not attacked us. Early administrations in U.S. history successfully used letters of marque and reprisal to deal with piracy. Paul's legislation was ignored in favor of our present, incredibly disastrous course of action. Why?
10) The Project for a New American Century
9) $2.3 Trillion went MISSING from the Pentagon before September 11, 2001
8) Our defense system – the most expensive on Earth – was useless, yet those responsible were not held accountable
7) Foreknowledge: Relevant intelligence was ignored and insiders were warned
6) President Bush continued reading The Pet Goat to children instead of being whisked to safety or doing his job
5) Passports fluttering down from the WTC
4) Huge airliner vanishes at Pentagon; no bodies, no debris to speak of – no plane!
3) FBI immediately confiscated video of Pentagon event
2) Obstruction of justice and tampering with evidence
1) Use of 9/11 to enable tyranny
The 9/11 attacks have been used to destroy America in ways that no mere terrorist assault could ever do. And that is the number one reason for a new, independent, unbiased investigation into the events of September 11, 2001.
Complete MUST READ article HERE