Thursday, August 2, 2007

Great Program: Please Spread and Share!


Hey everyone, my father needs your help. My father recently retired from Detroit Public Schools and is in the process of becoming a motivational speaker for at risk students. His vision is to reduce the dropout rate nationwide. I am so incredibly proud of my father and I want to make sure that his idea and message makes its way across the nation.

You can see what he is all about by checking out this video below







Could you please click HERE to send an email to the producers of the Tyra Banks show. NOTE: When you contact the shows producers, there is an option to put your phone number in, this is totally optional. Although it might be helpful to have your phone number in there, and if they call you at some point, you can send me a message on myspace.



If you are not sure of what to send in the email, you can use this as a script (although I would rather you use your own words and write from the heart, as this will seem more credible):

"Hello my name is [your name], and I have come across a website by the name of www.atriskstoriesofhope.com. This website belongs to a person by the name of Hector Perez, a retired Detroit Public School teacher who is on a mission to reduce the dropout rate nationwide. I believe that he has a very important message and a way to reach at risk students across the nation. From what I can see from looking at the video on the front of his website, he was a high school dropout that overcame great obstacles to become a great teacher. He has mentored his students to rise to the occasion and to become success stories.

Also, I noticed that on his website he mentions that Nia Mora, who appeared on your show with her sister Naima, is going to be a part of their team that will be speaking to at risk students.

Here is a quote from his website:

"My former students must overcome the obstacles that confront them. Hopefully through a mentorship and graduation from high school and have a college chosen to be part of our team. They will have to meet certain criteria such as proof of outstanding community service or participation in an organization that serves at risk children or others."

I'm friends with his son, Antonio, who sent me an email asking me to help contact you guys, as he is very proud of the work that his father has been doing with his students

Thanks"

No comments: